- C was developed by Dennis Ritchie in the year 1972 at AT&T Bell Labs in the USA.
- C is a middle-level language combines both features of high-level and low-level languages.
- C is a structured Programming Language which allows breaking complex programs into simple programs.
- C is a portable language which means programs written on one computer can easily run on another computer.
- It is a general-purpose programming language with we can develop games, graphics, business applications, software applications, and System level programs.
- C has a rich library which provides many built-in functions.
- C++ was originally developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in the year 1979 at AT&T Bell Labs. Till 1982 it was called C with classes and in 1983 it was named as C++.
- C++ is an object-oriented programming language providing the features of classes, object, inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, and abstraction.
- C++ is a very powerful and fast language.
- Adobe applications, Google applications, Mozilla Firefox, Winamp Media Player, Maya, Bloomberg are some of the applications developed using C++ Programming Language.
- Java was developed by James Gosling in the early 1990s at Sun Microsystems, USA.
- It was originally called Oak, and in the year 1995, it was renamed as Java.
- Java is an object-oriented and high-level programming languages with many built-in methods.
- Applications developed using Java are ThinkFree, JPC, Nasa World Wind, Ultra Mixer, Flying Saucer, Sun Spot, etc.,
- Java Supports Multi-threading which is a very powerful feature. It facilitates running multiple threads in a single process.
- Python was developed by Guido van Rossum in 1989 at CWI in Netherland.
- Python is free and Open source language. It supports Object Oriented concepts.
- Python is a portable language so that we can run on different platforms such as Linux, Unix, Windows, Macintosh, etc.,
- It has a very large standard library.
- Applications developed using python are Google, Instagram, Reddit, Spotify, BitTorrent, Quora, DropBox, etc.,
An important list of programming languages
- C - 1972
- C++ - 1979
- Java - 1995
- Python - 1989
- Dot net - 2002
- C - Dennis Ritchie
- C++ - Bjarne Stroustrup
- Java - James Gosling
- Python - Guido Van Rossum
- Dot net - Microsoft Corporation
list of Keywords
- C - 32
- C++ - 60
- Java - 57
- Python - 33
- Dot net - 78
Mode of language
- C - Middle level and structured programming languages
- C++ - General purpose object-oriented programming language
- Java - Class-based object-oriented programming language
- Python - Interpreted and general purpose language
- Dot net - It is not a language, it is a framework.
C language Frequently asked questions, especially for interviews.
Java Language Frequently asked Questions, Especially for interviews.
Python language frequently asked questions for interviews.
Important concepts of software programming
Modifiers in Java