Important concepts of Software Programming
- The first Computer Programming Language was created in 1883 by Ada Lovelace worked with Charles Babbage. She created an Analytical Engine to compute Bernoulli numbers.
- In 1949 Assembly language is widely used in the Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Calculator. It is a type of low-level programming language. Assembly Language simplifies the machine coding and instructions needed to tell the computer.
- In 1957 Fortran was created by John Backus. Fortran stands for Formula Translation, it is one of the oldest programming languages.
- In 1964 Basic Language was developed by John G. Kemeny and Thomas E.Kurtz. BASIC stands for Beginner’s All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction. This was later modified by Bill Gates and Paul Allen and it has become the Microsoft Product.
- In 1983 C++ Language was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup. It is an extension of C Language. C++ has widely used a programming language in the world. Most of the packaged software is still written in C++.
- In 1991 Python was created by Guido Van Rossum. It was named by the British comedy group Monty Python. Nowadays Python language has become a more popular programming language.
- In 1991 Visual Basic developed by Microsoft was introduced. It has the drag and drop facility and graphic user interface.
- In 1995 Java programming language was developed by Sun Microsystems. It can be used everywhere and can be easily delivered from one computer to another computer. Java programs can be run computer, smartphones, electronic gadgets, etc.,
- In 1995 PHP was created by Rasmus Lerdorf which is mostly used for Web Development and mainly run on Web servers. Now PHP is now widely using to develop websites and blogs. The popular Web creation tool ‘WordPress’ is written using PHP.
C vs Java
- C is a function-oriented language whereas Java is an object-oriented programming language.
- In C language security is limited whereas in java security is built-in to language.
- C is generally broken down into functions whereas java breaks down into objects.
- C software is a compiled language whereas java is an interpreted language.
- C doesn’t support inheritance concept which is very useful for code reusability, whereas java supports inheritance which is useful for code reusability.
- Memory allocation can be done by using malloc function, whereas in java memory allocation can be done by a new keyword.
- In C language variables must be declared at the beginning of the block. In Java, variables can be declared anywhere in the program.
- Free() function is used to free the memory whereas in java compiler will free up the memory by called garbage collector.
- C language supports pointers. Java doesn’t support pointers concept.
- Java supports multithreading but c doesn’t support multithreading.
- Handling run-time errors are very difficult in C. In C run-time errors can be handled by using exception handling.
- C doesn’ support Function overloading, Java supports Function Overloading.
- C follows a top-down approach, whereas java support bottom-up approach.
- C supports goto statements, Java doesn’t support goto statements.
- In C language default members are public, but in java default members are private.
- C supports 32 keywords, Java supports 50 keywords.
C vs Python
- C is a structured programming language, Python is an object-oriented programming language.
- C is a compiled language, Java is an interpreted language.
- Python supports dynamic typing, C doesn’t support dynamic typing.
- Variables must be declared in C, Python has no need for declaring variables.
- Python support OOPs, C doesn’t support OOPs.
- C has a limited number of built-in functions, Python has a large library of built-in functions.
- Writing code in C language is harder comparing with python. In python, writing code is very simple and easy.
- C language is fast, Python is slow.
- Testing and debugging is very harder in C, But in Python testing and debugging is not harder comparing with C.
C vs C++
- C supports Procedural programmings, C++ supports Procedural and Object Oriented Programming.
- C follows a top-down approach, C++ supports a bottom-up approach.
- Operating Overloading is not supported In C language, C++ supports Operating overloading.
- C++ supports function overloading, C doesn’t support function overloading.
- C does not provide namespace feature, C++ supports namespace feature.
- In C, programs are divided into functions and procedures. In C++ programs are divided into functions and classes.
- Exception handling is not easy in C language. C++ supports exception handling.
- C++ supports reference variables whereas c doesn’t support reference variables.
- In C language data is less secure. C++ supports secured by using modifiers.
C++ vs Java
- C++ is used for system programming, Java is used for system programming, web programming, enterprise, and mobile applications.
- Java is a platform independent programming language whereas c++ is platform dependent programming language.
- C++ capable of supporting multiple inheritance, but Java doesn’t have the capability to support multiple inheritance.
- C++ supports operator overloading, Java doesn’t support operator overloading.
- C++ uses compilers only to execute the program, Java uses both compiler and interpreter.
- C++ supports pointers whereas java supports pointers internally.
- Both call by value and call by reference are supported by C++, but Java supports call by value only. Java doesn’t support the call by reference.
- C++ supports virtual keyword, Java doesn’t support virtual keyword.
- C++ doesn’t have built-in support for threads, but Java has built-in support for threads.
Java vs dot net
- Java is a computer programming language, whereas dot net is a framework. It mainly focuses on windows and supports languages like c#, c++, vb.net, asp.net, etc., Java supports programming languages like Python and Ruby.
- Java IDE’s consists of a code editor, compiler, debugger, and elements lie Maven. Java programs can be written by using NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA. Dot Net programs can be written by using Visual Studio. It provides from creation at the time of designing only. Dot net can be customized by using different macros.
- Java is a portable language and it can be run on any operating system. Java applications can be built on any platform. Dot net supports windows operating system only. It supports only the Entity framework. Developers have been depending on Microsoft for all features and updates.
- Java supports three-tier architecture, whereas .Net also supports multi-tier architecture.
How to install software in a computer
Install C software on your computer
- Download Turbo c++
- Create a directory in C drive and extract the Turbo C++ in that directory
- Double click on the install.exe file
- Open the tc.exe file which is located in c:\TC\BIN
Install Java on your computer
- Open java.com
- Select free java download
- Click on agree and start free download
Install Python on your computer
Open a browser and navigate to python.org
- Click on the latest python release
- Scroll to the bottom and select windows x86-64 executable installer.